Quarterly Mortality Report - Issue 19
Date: 23 January 2018
Issue 19 of the Quarterly Mortality Report is now available following the publication of the Jul 16 – Jun 17 SHMI by NHS Digital. It provides information on mortality rates, indicators of the quality of care and system/process measures that may affect the quality of care. The report does focus on the data, however, we recognise that this is only one part of understanding the issues that may affect a Trust’s mortality rate. They are an indicator and a prompt to looking at the wider system issues; the issues and themes that are explored in detail in AQuA’s Mortality Lessons Learned publication (May 2013).
The report is set out in five sections:
- Section 1 compares the North West with other regions of England.
- Section 2 looks at the differences in data for the 21 Trusts in the North West for which the NHS Digital produces a SHMI.
- Section 3 provides more detailed information for your trust.
- Section 4 focuses on a different topic each quarter; on this occasion it is Congestive Heart Failure.
- Section 5 looks at SHMI forecasting.