Delivering Person Centred Care
Putting people at the heart of transformational change can achieve benefits, not only for the individuals but for the entire health and care system.
Through this offer we aim to work with members to develop their skills, confidence and awareness of how to empower and work alongside patients, residents and service users to improve all aspects of health and care systems.
Through our programmes, workshops and learning sets we will support members to:
- Develop and improve person centred care by working more closely with service users, carers and local communities
- Embed Shared Decision Making and Self-Management Support to reduce unwarranted variation in services, and to understand national drivers behind this
- Foster a culture of person centred care that is championed by everyone
- Understand the value of co-production to the design, development and evaluation of services
- Access the expertise and insight offered by our Lived Experience Panel
Our support for members during 2019/20 includes the following:
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Lived Experience and Co-production
- Lived Experience Curation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centred Care Tailored Team Programme
Did you know?
In 2017/18, our Shared Decision Making (SDM) tailored programme supported 7 of our member organisations; helping them to embed skills to improve Person Centred Care.
What our members say
"I’m now encouraging patients to identify and articulate their own SMART goals. I’ve resisted the urge to jump in with my own solutions, listened more attentively, and allowed the patient to come up with their own solutions for change."
Rachael Brown, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
You can also read more about our work in our Delivering Person Centred Care case studies, including:
- Sharing the SDM Process - Shared Decision Making Case Study
- Supporting SDM for Muscoskeletal Care - NHS Trafford CCG Case Study
- Wide Awake to SDM - Wigan Sleep Apnoea Clinic Case Study
Find out more
If you would like more information, or to access any of these offers, please speak to your AQuA Account Manager.
Alternatively, you can find all of our events for Personon our events page.