Delivering High Quality Care
We aim to support members to become high reliability organisations, delivering high quality health and care services that reflect the needs of patients, service users and staff.
Through a wide range of offers we will support members across a variety of health and care settings to:
- Tackle specific care and quality issues, e.g. reducing the use of physical restraint, patient harm or deterioration, or improving local waiting and access times
- Use evidence, knowledge and understanding to enable continuous improvement, best practice and quality assurance
- Support a culture for safety, focusing on human factors approaches and psychological safety to improve outcomes
- Ensure a parity of esteem between mental and physical health within CAMHS services
During 2019/20 we are carrying out scoping work around supporting organisations to improve access. If you are interested in working with us on this exploratory piece, please get in touch via AQuA@srft.nhs.uk.
Our support for members during 2019/20 includes the following:
- Acute Kidney Injury (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Alcohol Related Liver Disease (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Applied Human Factors
- Care Home System Leadership
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Diabetes (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Hip and Knee Replacement (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Human Factors - Train the Trainer
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry
- Introduction to Human Factors
- Mortality Report
- Pneumonia (Advancing Quality Programme)
- Psychological Safety
- Sepsis (Advancing Quality Programme)
Did you know?
Members participating in our Acute Kidney Injury collaborative programme improved outcomes of care for patients; reducing the average hospital stay by almost two days and saving over 2,000 bed days for hospitals.
What our members say
AQuA have supported me to lead my team to realise it’s in our power to all improve patient safety.
Patient Safety Leaders delegate
You can also read more about our work in our Delivering High Quality Care case studies, including:
Find out more
If you would like more information, or to access any of these offers, please speak to your AQuA Account Manager.
Alternatively, you can find all of our events for Delivering High Quality Care on our events page.