Building Capability for Improvement
Delivering high levels of performance across all domains of quality is dependent on organisational design, leadership and culture, measurement systems, and capability of the workforce.
Our offers aim to support members to develop their culture, capability and capacity for Quality Improvement approaches across all staff groups, services and systems; to help them deliver high quality care and address challenges faced within health and care, both now and in the future.
We will work with members to:
- Build a culture and system for Quality Improvement
- Develop capacity and capability for Quality Improvement across organisations
- Provide development opportunities, advice and support to all staff; from frontline teams and service users, to managers, Boards and Non-Executive Directors
- Represent a whole system approach for improvement
Our support for members during 2019/20:
We have recently reviewed our capability building programmes and aligned to them to one of four levels, which help individuals and teams progress and build up their knowledge and skills in Quality Improvement.
- Advanced Improvement Practitioner
- Associate Development Programme
- Improvement Leaders in Primary Care
- Improvement Leaders in Support Services
- Improvement Practitioner
- Introduction to Improvement
- Leadership for Improvement Fellowship
- Lean Masterclass
- Medical Leaders in Practice
- Quality Improvement Basics – eLearning
Did you know?
Throughout 2017/18 we trained over 750 members in Quality Improvement skills.
What our members say
"The Advanced Improvement Practitioner programme is excellent. It has a good balance of in-depth quality improvement theories and approaches, inspirational speakers, time for reflection and opportunities to try out different approaches with peers.
Nicole Alkemade, Advanced Improvement Practitioner delegate
Follow the links below for more information on the type of projects for which our members' learning in improvement capability is being applied.
- Business Planning - A Strategic Approach
- Mortality Project - Improving End of Life Care
- Falls Collaborative - Falls Prevention Project
Find out more
If you would like more information, or to access any of these offers, please speak to your AQuA Account Manager.
Alternatively, you can find all of our events for Building Capability for Improvement on our events page.