Building Capability for Improvement
Delivering high levels of performance across all domains of quality is dependent on organisational design, leadership and culture, measurement systems, and capability of the workforce.
We will work with members to:
- Improve strategies, structures and capacity for improvement
- Develop the appropriate improvement skills and behaviours to respond to particular quality challenges
- Provide training and development activities, advice and support to all staff from frontline teams through to Board
2017/18 Support for Members
Training and Development Programmes
- Introduction to Improvement – entry level 3-day training programme
- Improvement for Managers – 5-day core skills training programme plus optional modules
- Advanced Improvement Practitioner – 9-month development programme
- Improvement Leader Fellowship – 15-month self-directed programme for senior leaders, with coaching support and a bursary
Our improvement escalator allows us to support improver's throughout their improvement journey; from Foundation level, through Practitioner and right up to Leader.
- Boards and Senior Leadership Development – bespoke support focused on the Board’s role in leading quality improvement
- Engagement in Quality Improvement – tailored sessions for individuals and teams
- Developing an Organisational Approach to Quality Improvement – tailored support for organisations
- Analytical support and advice regarding measurement for improvement
“I always thoroughly enjoy and benefit from AQuA’s training and events. The ‘train the trainer’ support has been priceless in spreading the learning across our Trust. The support has been brilliant, not just in further developing my understanding of improvement work, but also building my skills and confidence to deliver improvement training to colleagues.”
Andy Hayward, Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
You can also read more about our work in our Building Capability for Improvement case studies, including:
- Business Planning - A Strategic Approach
- Mortality Project - Improving End of Life Care
- Falls Collaborative - Falls Prevention Project
Find out more
If you would like more information, or to access any of these offers, please speak to your AQuA Account Manager.
Alternatively, you can find all of our events for Personon our events page.