Introduction to Improvement
Date: 01 November 2017
Time: 09:00 to 17:00
This entry level programme is specifically designed to introduce members to the fundamental concepts behind quality improvement.
Consisting of three single day workshops, this will give delegates the key knowledge and skills needed to begin carrying out improvements, and apply this learning to a specific improvement project according to their individual role, environment and organisation.
You must attend all three days of this programme. Please ensure you book on to all three dates of this event by selecting one of each ticket on your booking.
Day 1 - 1 November, 2017
Introduce delegates to the theory and context of quality improvement in the NHS, provide an understanding of how they can plan an improvement project and allow them to practically apply this to their own project.
Day 2 - 15 November, 2017
Provide delegates with an understanding of how to engage people in an improvement project, tools to use when delivering the project, methods for evaluating and assessing the impact of an improvement project and allow them to practically apply these to their own project.
Day 3 - 29 November, 2017
Provide delegates with a further understanding of how to evaluate their improvement project, an understanding of how to sustain and spread their improvement project and allow them to practically apply these to their own project.
Who is this event aimed at?
This programme is best suited to front line staff and operational leaders looking to gain a basic understanding of the fundamental tools and techniques of quality improvement. It is also suitable as a refresher for those with existing knowledge of quality improvement.
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
The objectives of the training are for individuals:
- To have an appreciation for the foundations of theory of quality improvement and the how this is relevant in the current NHS context
- To provide delegates with tools, techniques and concepts which will help them:
- Undertake diagnostics for an improvement project
- Plan an improvement project
- Engage people in an improvement project
- Deliver an improvement project
- Evaluate an improvement project
- Sustain and spread an improvement project
- To provide an opportunity for delegates to practically apply the course tools to an organisational relevant improvement project
- Summary:This is a three day programme - 1 Nov | 15 Nov | 29 Nov
- Theme:Building Capability for Improvement
- Level:Level 1