Health Innovation Manchester - Using information to drive safety
Date: 07 February 2018
Time: 09:00 to 16:30
Mercure Hotel | Bolton
Places are only available to Health Innovation Manchester member health and social care organisations who commission or deliver care across the Health Innovation Manchester footprint.
If you are unsure if your organisation is a member you can find out here.
Designed to look at how to draw safety learning to inform improvement in different ways, this module discusses identifying sources of potential information and safety data in your organisations and how we should and shouldn't be using these, exploring different ways of learning from incidents as well as how we can learn to improve safety from when things go right (the Learning from Excellence model).
Who is this event aimed at?
This would benefit those who are leading and influencing patient safety and quality improvement in their organisations, including:
- Patient safety/quality managers and/or leads
- Senior clinicians
- Middle managers
What will attendees learn at this event?
This session will help you to:
- Explore “how do we know what safe care is?” (SHMIs, Incidents, etc)
- Understand what information is available and how we interpret it
- Interpret data from safety culture surveys
- Understand other ways of learning from incidents
- Learn from when things go right, including use of appreciative inquiry
- Registration is from 9:00am and the start time is 9:30am
- Refreshments and lunch are provided
- Theme:Delivering High Quality Care