Health Innovation Manchester - People as Partners for a Safer Culture
Date: 24 January 2018
Time: 09:00 to 16:30
Mecure Bolton Hotel | Blackrod
Places are only available to Health Innovation Manchester member health and social care organisations who commission or deliver care across the Health Innovation Manchester footprint.
If you are unsure if your organisation is a member you can find out here.
As part of Health Innovation Manchester’s Patient Safety Collaborative Programme, this one day course is designed to support improvements in this area of patient safety across your organisation. Developing an understanding of psychological safety, working with patients and carers and ensuring people feel safe in an organisation is a key step towards driving a culture for safety.
Who is this event aimed at?
This would benefit those who are leading and influencing patient safety and quality improvement in their organisations, including:
- Patient safety/quality managers and/or leads
- Senior clinicians
- Middle managers
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
This session will help you to:
- Understand, define and describe psychological safety
- Discuss how to create psychologically safe environments
- Understand the role of emotional intelligence
- Becoming a learning organisation including from 2nd victims of harm
- Understand the importance of working with patients and carers in all aspects of safety and quality improvement work
- Challenge perceptions and build relationships with patients and carers to improve safety
- Understand compassion and meeting / managing each other’s expectations
- Theme:Delivering High Quality Care