Assessing Safety Culture using AHRQ
Date: 11 May 2017
Time: 10:00 to 14:00
Mackenzie Centre | Burnley General Hospital
For participants to gain the level of knowledge and confidence to be able to undertake a safety culture survey and support the integration of the findings at their host organisations within 6 months of completing the programme.
Who is this event aimed at?
Individuals and teams within an organisation who will be responsible for planning, undertaking and supporting the evaluation of the safety culture tool.
Previous attendees have included: Team Leaders, Clinicians (Medical;AHP/Nursing), Quality Leads, Business Managers.
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
- Understand the basics of safety culture theory and the impact on safety in their organisation
- Be critically aware of the major tools available to assess safety culture
- Able to explain the basic principles and methodology of the AHRQ safety culture tool
- Practically devise a trust engagement and communications plan
- Appropriately select sample size
- Be able to support others to understand and complete the survey
- Feel confident in interpreting survey results to understand strengths and areas for improvement
- Be able to facilitate semi structured discussion groups to support group lead
- Be able to identify the cultural impact when planning and evaluating patient safety initiatives and interventions
- Theme:Delivering High Quality Care