Applying Human Factors Thinking to Everyday Working - From Board to Frontline
Date: 07 September 2018
Time: 09:15 to 13:30
Princess Royal Suite, Aintree Racecourse
AQuA in partnership with NHS Mersey Internal Audit Agency & the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services North West.
At this event we'll be taking a look at practical approaches to applying Human Factors thinking, to addressing emotional barriers to learn from safety incidents concerning patients and service users.
- Professor Jane Reid, Clinical Consultant, Wessex Patient Safety Collaborative
- Jeff Goulding, Assistant Director - Human Factors, Aintree Hospital
At the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Understand what human factors thinking offers to improving health and social care
- Identify how an outward mindset can help to reduce the barriers to exploring safety incidents
- Have practised having difficult conversations around incidents in order to address the emotional barriers to change
- Identify the learning for own role that can be applied in their own workplace
Who is this event for?
This event is ideal a range of staff who have input or oversight of patient safety and want to understand Human Factors further, including senior leaders, Board members, frontline staff and/or patient safety and quality leads.
- Theme:Delivering High Quality Care